How to claim on Virgin Car Insurance
To make a claim you can either:
Once we've got you on the line you’ll be guided through our fast and friendly process, and we’ll answer any questions that crop up along the way. Our friendly claims team will do their best to ensure your claim's experience is as hassle-free as can be.
Steps to take if you have an accident
What to do first
Pay the excess
Move yourself and any passengers to a safe place, especially if you're on a busy road. Call 000 if anyone has been hurt, the road is blocked, or if the other party refuses to stop or exchange details.
Not all accidents have to be reported to the police; however they should be called straight away if someone has been injured or worse, or if a vehicle needs to be towed away.
Please don’t admit fault at the scene as the matter may require investigation to determine fault accurately. Just make sure to share the facts honestly and to get the other driver's details for us. Try to write down the following details about other cars and drivers involved:
- Contact number
- Full address
- Vehicle registration
- Licence number
- Insurance details (if available)
- Report of what happened
- If there are any witnesses, ask for their name, address and phone number as well.
To assist you in collecting the relevant information about an accident, we've created a step by step Crash Log. Remember to keep it handy in your glove box, just in case.
Make sure you tell us straight away of any incident involving your car that may lead to a claim. Make sure you have the following details handy.
- Your policy number
- Police report number (if relevant)
- Date, time and nature of the accident
- Accident details
Check your cover type because what you’re covered for will be different.
- We'll repair your car so you can get back on the road faster.
- If your car's likely to be written off, we'll arrange for an inspection so we can process your claim.
- We'll handle the other driver's claim. If their insurers send any papers directly to you, please send them on to us so we can take care of it for you (that’s what we’re here for).
Third Party Property or Third Party, Fire and Theft
- We'll sort out the other driver's claim but you won't be covered for any damage to your car.
- Get in touch with the other driver's insurer to claim for any accident damage to your car, if they are uninsured call us on 1800 662 884.
At this point, your claim will be handled by our underwriter Auto & General Insurance Company. You'll be in safe hands, with one of Australia's most reputable Insurance providers.
An excess is the amount you have to pay towards each claim. Check your policy documents for the excess amount you agreed at time of purchase.
If you have an accident that’s not your fault, we’ll waive the excess. However if you caused the accident, or you’d simply like us to manage the claims process for you, the excess will apply.
Once you’ve lodged a Virgin Car Insurance claim often we’ll make an appointment for you at an Auto & General assessment centre to have the damage assessed. Please make sure you lodge your claim first and your appointment has been made before visiting one of the assessment centres.
Below you will find the address details of our assessment centres.
- 58 Pickering Street, Enoggera, QLD, 4051
- Unit 3/547 Kessels Road, Macgregor, QLD, 4109
- 1/60 Keilor Park Drive, Keilor East VIC 3033
- 2/3 Dunlop Road, Mulgrave VIC 3170
- 35 Cunningham Street, Northcote VIC 3070
Next step is to get you back on your wheels. You can choose from the following repair options
- Let us do the hard work for you. For your convenience we can organise a repairer and manage the process on your behalf. We will guarantee the quality of repairs authorised by us for as long as you own the car.
- Choose your own repairer. If you have a repairer in mind, our assessor will need to give prior approval based on quote and quality of repair.
Steps to take if your car is stolen
- Don't panic - keep calm and call the Police!
- Call us - if you have Comprehensive cover or Third Party Property, Fire & Theft, call us on 1800 662 884 with the incident number and we'll make a start on your claim to have it sorted as soon as possible. Make sure you have the Police report number handy.
- Car hire - so you don’t have to walk these 20km to work, we'll reimburse any reasonable cost of hiring a similar car until your car is recovered or your claim is paid, or for a maximum period of 14 days (whichever happens first).
Important Stuff Before switching providers we recommend you compare all policy features and find out if cancellation fees and charges apply. As we don't know your individual objectives, financial situation or needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. It is important that you read and consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to make sure the product is appropriate for you before making a decision to buy the product.
Approved applicants only. Car Insurance not available in Northern Territory.