1. Collection of Information
We collect information from you over the telephone, via the Internet and/or when you fill out an application form. In some situations, we may also collect your personal and sensitive information from your health professional or any other party with which we have an arrangement for the promotion and sale of products offered or distributed by us.
Depending on the product you enquire about, apply for or hold, We may disclose some of your personal information to external parties such as:
- Related companies to TAL Life Limited, such as plan administrators – in order to assess your policy application and administer your policy.
- Organisations to whom we or the plan administrators or TAL, outsource mailing, information technology, telephony and communications requirements – in order to process your application.
- Organisations, who provide us with data analytics, research and other related services.
- Government regulatory bodies – if required by law.
- Investigators, health professionals, lawyers, accountants, other insurers, reinsurers – in order to assess your application or at the time of a claim.
- A life insured named in your application.
- The financial institutions involved in collecting your premium.
- Other organizations, which in conjunction with us provide products and services (so that they may provide their products and services to you).
- Virgin Money (Australia) Pty Limited (ABN 75 103 478 897) and each of its related bodies corporate, including Virgin Money Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 51 113 285 395) & Virgin Money Home Loans Pty Ltd (ABN 81 117 183 623). Virgin Group Companies means entities which are related to Virgin Money (Australia) Pty Limited or which are otherwise licensed to use the “Virgin” name to carry on business.
By making a telephone call, online quote or application or by signing an application form, you consent to these disclosures listed above. By supplying us with contact details, you agree to allow Virgin Money Australia to contact you from time to time in relation to the products we offered until you tell us or Virgin Money otherwise. Generally, individuals have rights to access the personal information held about them.
2. Accessing and Updating Information
Generally, we are happy to provide you with the information held about you on our customer file. To access this information, please contact us using the details below. Please include your name and contact phone number, as we will need to be satisfied as to your identity before providing such details.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please let us know if your details change and we will update our records.
3. Personal Information Security
We have strict procedures and standards and take all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised access to, modification and disclosure of your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss.
We may also use your personal information to keep you informed of new products or special arrangements offered or distributed by us, or other organisations with which we have a business relationship or to conduct marketing activities. We may disclose information about you to our service providers for this purpose.
5. Online Security- Cookies