Making a Virgin Life Insurance claim
Please accept our sincerest condolences if you've recently lost someone you love. Dealing with the loss of a loved one is one of the hardest things many of us must face. For your peace of mind, a dedicated claims case manager will do everything they can to help.
How to make a Virgin Life Insurance claim
|For new and existing claims||1300 849 965 (Press 1 then 1)
Mon to Fri 8am to 8pm (AEST)
|To send us an firstname.lastname@example.org|
|To fax us documents||1800 731 122|
|To post us documents||Virgin Life Insurance Claims
Reply Paid 72
Carlton South, VIC 3053
Things you'll need to support claim
- A certified copy of the Death Certificate, Medical Attendant’s Certificate or another document showing evidence of death
- A certified copy of the Life Insured’s birth certificate, passport or another official document showing their date of birth
- A certified copy of proof of your identity and your relationship to the Life Insured
You'll need to fax or post the certified copies of these documents so that your claim can proceed.
Your claim will be taken care of by your own personal claims case manager from our insurer, TAL Life Limited.
Be confident that there are no hidden fees in a payout - the money goes where it's needed as quickly as possible.
An advance payment of $10,000 is payable once a death claim has been accepted, and is intended to help you finalise the estate.
Please note that if there is another person insured on the policy, TAL will make the necessary amendments and will send out a new set of policy documents ASAP to the remaining Policy Owner.
We're here for you, for whatever you need. If you need help finding out who to contact when someone dies or how to make arrangements call our friendly Customer Care Team on 1300 849 965 or read more about Bereavement Support.
Adjusting after someone dies and organising a funeral is never easy, but support is out there if you need it.
- For financial support: If you're in financial difficulties, CentreLink may be able to help you with a bereavement payment, bereavement allowance or a widow's allowance. For more information, call CentreLink on 13 28 50.
- For emotional support: Lifeline runs a 24/7 anonymous telephone counselling service. You can visit lifeline.org.au or call 13 11 14.
- For funeral arrangements: The Australian Funeral Directors Association can point you in the direction of people in your area. Visit them at afda.org.au, email email@example.com or call +61 3 9859 9966.