Social Media House Rules
Simple rules to follow when interacting with us on social media
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the lands and waters throughout Australia. We pay respects to Elders past and present.
Thanks for visiting Virgin Money Australia. We’re online Mon – Fri, 7:30am – 6pm and Sat, 7am – 3:30pm (AEDT). You can also call us on 13 81 51 between 8am – 8pm, Mon – Fri and 9am – 5pm (AEDT), Sat.
We have a few rules to keep you, our staff, and other social media users safe and respectful:
1. Stay safe online
Keep your personal information protected at all times. Please don’t include your or anyone else’s personal or sensitive information (phone number, email address, bank account details, date of birth, star sign, home address, relationship status, salary, driver’s licence number, favourite colour, tax file number, mother’s maiden name, details of recent transactions, or any other identifiable details) in any public posts or comments.
Be mindful and avoid following links claiming to be Virgin Money Australia. We will never request your banking information on social media, ever. For details on how Virgin Money Australia collects and handles customer information, including any messages or posts, please refer to our Privacy & Security Statement.
2. Play nice
We welcome feedback, positive and negative, and we aim to respond to you during our hours of operation. We actively moderate our page, and at our discretion will remove any posts that don’t adhere to these House Rules. We also reserve the right to ban anyone who chooses to break them. The following things will be removed:
- swearing, defamatory, offensive, or abusive language. Trolling, spamming, misleading, disruptive, dominating, or hijacking the conversation with the intent to throw discussions off-track
- attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten, or abuse an individual, including Virgin Money Australia and BOQ Group executives or staff members. Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or political beliefs
- links or comments containing sexually explicit content, illegal activity, or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices.
- disclosure of someone else's personal information or attempts to collect another's personal information
- commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor
- violations of copyright or intellectual property rights.
Help us keep our page family friendly and suitable for all audiences. If you think a post has broken any of our House Rules, please send us a message or report it using Facebook’s reporting features.
In using this page, you also agree to Facebook’s Terms and Policies. Please also be aware that posts or comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Virgin Money Australia.
Full terms and conditions of entry to promotions that appear on Virgin Money Australia’s social media pages from time to time will always be readily available during the relevant period – we’ll let you know exactly where to find them whenever they apply.
Thanks - the Virgin Money Australia team