With the increasing difficultly for Australians to jump onto the property ladder, Virgin Money today announced its special offer for first home buyers aimed at giving them a head start.
The offer is available for first home buyers who apply for a Virgin Money Reward Me Home Loan, between 4 March and 31 May 2019 and settle by 30 August 2019.
The details of the first home Buyer1 offer are:
- Special 2-year Fixed rate of 3.68% p.a. (comparison rate# 3.77% p.a.) on Owner Occupier Principal and Interest home loans with an LVR of up to 90%2
- $150 settlement fee is waived and there is no home loan package fee
- 20% discount on Lenders Mortgage Insurance3 on eligible loans with a base LVR between 80.01% - 90%
- Double Velocity Frequent Flyer Points4 - 20,000 Velocity Points for every $100,000 drawn at settlement, for loans up to 90% LVR5
- A $100 gift card6 and an additional 10,000 Velocity Points7 when they purchase a Virgin Money Home and/or Contents Insurance policy before settlement
Virgin Money’s Reward Me Home Loan is one of the only home loans in the market to offer ongoing rewards points for the life of the loan, an attractive offer for first home buyers who are worried that home ownership might mean the end of lifestyle benefits like travel and dining out.
In addition to double Velocity Points at settlement, customers will enjoy 1,000 Velocity Points every month for each loan split, plus 30,000 bonus Points every three years. By way of example, on a $500,000 mortgage, first home buyers could earn 304,000 Points over 6 years8 - enough Velocity Points for a yearly return trip to Fiji (from Brisbane) for the next 8 years.
Virgin Money’s General Manager, Lending, Cards & Deposits, Johnny Lockwood said
“We want to help as many first home buyers as possible to join the property ladder, which is why we’re offering them such an exciting offer. Buying a home is a huge financial commitment for most Australians and can be a daunting process, especially when it’s your first time. The dedicated first home buyer section on our website offers tools, calculators and tips to help make the whole process a little easier.”
Virgin Money’s home loans are currently offered by over 3,500 mortgage brokers in partnerships with PLAN, FAST, Connective, Aussie, Choice and AFG. Virgin Money also takes applications over the phone for borrowers who prefer to deal directly.
Virgin Money is an Australian financial services business, part of the BOQ Group and operated under the global Virgin brand. You probably know the Virgin brand – trusted globally and well-known for shaking things up and providing real alternatives when we think people deserve a fairer go. It’s in our DNA to challenge the norm and do things differently.
At Virgin Money, we’re passionate about helping people realise bigger possibilities through the delivery of beautifully simple and rewarding financial products, all backed by Virgin’s great customer service. We reject the notion of complex financial services. Instead we aim for clarity and simplicity in everything we do. Our current offering spans credit cards, home loans, superannuation, life insurance, income protection, home & contents insurance, car insurance and travel insurance.
Virgin Money (Australia) Pty Limited ABN 75 103 478 897 promotes and distributes the Reward Me Home Loan as the authorised credit representative of the credit provider, Bank of Queensland Limited ABN 32 009 656 740, Australian Credit Licence 244 616 (the 'Lender'). The Lender's standard credit assessment criteria apply. Fees and charges are payable.
#Comparison rate calculated on a loan amount of $150,000 for a term of 25 years and is for secured lending only. For fixed rates, the comparison rate is also based on an LVR of 80% or less. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- First Home Buyer (s) are customers who are eligible for a government First Home Owner Grant and/ or First Home Buyer government stamp duty concessions (refer to www.firsthome.gov.au for eligibility details) and who apply for a new Owner Occupier loan for the purchase of a property between 4 March and 31 May 2019 (inclusive) and settle by 30 August 2019.
- Special 2 year fixed rate of 3.68% per annum (comparison rate: 3.77% per annum4) for Owner Occupier Principal and Interest loans with up to 90% LVR - To be eligible for this special 2 year fixed rate offer, customers must be First Home Buyer(s) and have an LVR of 90% or below (inclusive of LMI).
- 20% LMI discount for eligible First Home Buyer home loans between 80.01-90% LVR. To be eligible for the 20% LMI discount (off Helia’s standard rate card), customers must be a First Home Buyers special offers and have a base loan LVR between 80.01%-90%. The property being financed must be located in a metropolitan area and not be in a high density location (postcode restrictions apply). Discount applied off Helia’s standard rate card. Credit criteria, fees and charges, terms and conditions apply. Important Information: Notwithstanding the above eligibility criteria, Helia Insurance Pty Limited, the issuer of the Lenders Mortgage Insurance, reserves the right to accept and approve LMI proposals in its absolute and sole discretion.
- To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time. Only the person listed as the Primary Borrower on the application will be eligible for Velocity Points, subject to meeting Virgin Money’s eligibility criteria.
- All new customers who apply and are approved for a Virgin Money Reward Me home loan with LVR of 90% or below, between 4 March and 31 May 2019 (inclusive) and settle by 30 August 2019 will receive 2,000 Velocity Points for every full $10,000 drawn at settlement (normally 1,000 Velocity Points). LVR is the loan to valuation ratio of your loan. Velocity Points will be credited to the Primary borrower’s Velocity account only, up to 60 days after settlement.
- To be eligible for the First home Buyer’s $100 Gift card Offer, customers be First Home Buyers and take up a new Virgin Money home and/ or contents insurance policy for the property they are financing before settlement. Customers who cancel the home and/ or contents insurance policy within 30 days of taking it out will not be eligible for the $100 gift card. Offer is only valid for one home and/ or contents insurance policy taken out before settlement. Provided the above conditions are met, a $100 VISA gift card will be sent to the primary borrower’s home address within 60 days of their policy being taken out. The $100 VISA gift card will be valid for 12 months from the time of activation and can be used for purchases of goods and services where VISA gift cards are accepted. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the pre-paid VISA card are not included. Any unused balance of the pre-paid VISA card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the VISA gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer, including those specified on the VISA gift card.
- 10,000 Velocity Points is available to new Virgin Home and/or Contents Insurance customers who have a settled Virgin Money Reward Me Home Loan and are listed as the Primary Borrower. Offer is only valid if you purchase a Virgin Home and/or Contents policy online at virginmoney.com.au/home-and-contents and a valid Velocity number is provided at the time of application. Maximum of 10,000 Velocity Points per policy. In order to receive the Points, the policy holder’s name must match the Velocity name and account number provided. Customers who cancel the home and/ or contents insurance policy within 30 days of taking it out will not be eligible for the $100 gift card. Velocity Points will be credited to eligible Velocity Account's up to 60 days after policy commencement date. This offer is valid from 01 March 2016 to 31 December 2019 and is subject to change or removal at the discretion of Virgin Money. To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, available at velocityfrequentflyer.com as amended from time to time. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Virgin Money Home and Contents Insurance Velocity offers, is not redeemable for cash and is not transferrable. Offer is not available to existing Virgin Home & Contents Insurance customers (including renewals).
- Velocity Points example assumes that borrowings are split across one variable and one fixed rate loan component, the borrower continues to meet our eligibility criteria and our Velocity Points earn rates do not change over the specified term; in relation to anniversary points, the borrower must maintain an overall home loan balance of greater than $50,000 (net of any balances held in a linked offset facility).