We would first like to extend our deepest sympathy to all those affected by this tragic event.
If you are currently travelling
- If you have been injured as a result of the recent attacks in Brussels, we can help. If you need medical advice or emergency medical assistance please contact our 24-hour Emergency Assistance team on +61 7 3305 7499 reverse charge.
- We encourage you to follow the advice issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) via the Smart Traveller website. DFAT is urging Australians to follow local media for latest security information. Australians should remain vigilant in Brussels by minimising movement in public places and following the instructions of local authorities.
- Limits, conditions and exclusions apply under your policy and for full details you should refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and Certificate of Insurance you received when you purchased your travel insurance.
- We recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. Some travel providers may provide penalty free options to amend travel arrangements and we recommend you contact them for further details
What next steps should you take?
- All claims will be assessed in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.
- To help Australians avoid difficulties overseas, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) maintains travel advisories for more than 160 destinations overseas via the Smart Traveller website. DFAT’s travel advice provides accurate, up-to-date information about the risks Australians might face overseas, assisting you to make well-informed decisions about whether, when and where to travel. We recommend that you stay up-to-date with its destination specific travel advisories for the country of your destination as your travel insurance cover may be affected if you travel to high risk areas or situations.
If you have any questions or queries, please call 24 hour Emergency Assistance on +61 7 3305 7499 – you can reverse charge the call.
For general policy or claims enquiries, please call 1800 134 419 – Monday to Friday during business hours.
Alternatively, refer to our full list of emergency contact details whilst travelling.