Financial Difficulty Assistance

Virgin Money Credit Card Customers

Reward Me Home Loan Customers - For information on how we can assist you, please click here.

Virgin Money understands that peoples' circumstances change; you may experience financial difficulties caused by unemployment, injury, illness, a natural disaster, or other unexpected impact on your household income and/or expenses. We’re here to support customers during these times.

If you are concerned about your financial position and feel that you are struggling or may struggle to meet your financial commitments, we may be able to assist you.

How can we assist?

How can we assist?

If your financial circumstances have changed and you’re unable to pay your account(s), you can request assistance by completing our Online Hardship Application form. Please ensure you have access to the mobile number you have registered with us. A code will be sent to authenticate your identity before you can proceed with the application.

Please also have information about your income, expenses and assets on hand before you commence the application. Once you start filling in your details, you will need to complete the application as you will be unable to save and return to the form at a later stage.

If you’re unable to access the Online Hardship Application form, you can apply by downloading a copy of the PDF Hardship Application form and emailing to us at or posting to us at PO Box 3453 Sydney NSW 2001.

Important Information before you apply for Financial Hardship Assistance

  • Citigroup Pty Ltd ABN 88 004 325 080 ("Citibank") AFSL/Australian credit licence 238098 is the credit provider and issuer of the Virgin Money Credit Card. If you hold other Citigroup Credit Cards, Ready Credit, Personal Loan product (s) including partner products your request for financial hardship assistance will be applied on all your accounts.
  • Once we have received your completed application form, one of our representatives will contact you to discuss your situation and solutions that may be available to assist you.
  • You’re not required to provide supporting documents at the time you submit your application. We will inform you if we require supporting documents, examples include but not limited to Bank Statements, proof of income and/or medical certificate.
  • If you have been or are still paying for insurance on your Credit Card account(s) you may be eligible to make a claim with the insurer. Your account statement will indicate the name of the insurer you need to contact. An insurance policy wouldn't preclude you from applying for financial hardship assistance if you still require it.
  • From the time we receive your request that you require financial hardship assistance and during the process including the time you’re on an approved program, your repayment history will be reported as 'blank' to the credit bureaus. This is standard practice when reporting for customers experiencing financial hardship.
  • Your card / account may be suspended from the time we receive your application for hardship assistance, and if approved, during the entire period you’re on financial hardship. Ability to transact post your Financial Hardship assistance will be based on your card or account status.
Already applied?

Already applied?

After we receive your application, our Financial Hardship Team will assess your application to determine eligibility and solutions, and will contact you to discuss the next steps.

During this time, if your circumstances change or you want to discuss your application you can contact our Financial Hardship Team on 1800 255 304 from 9am-9pm, Monday - Friday (Sydney time) except public holidays.

Supporting Documents

You’re not required to provide supporting documents at the time you submit your application. We will inform you if we require supporting documents.

Examples of required supporting documents are:

Reason for Hardship Documents required
Medical Conditions
  • Doctors Certificate or
  • Medical report or
  • Centrelink Disability Statement or
  • Work Cover Certificate or
  • Hospital Report or
  • Copy of medical related bill(s)
Reduction In Income
  • Current payslip or
  • Payslip prior to income reduction or
  • Centrelink Statement or
  • Current year and prior years tax return or
  • Letter from Accountant confirming income reduction
Unemployment / Redundancy
  • Centrelink Statement or
  • Separation certificate from employer
Divorce / Separation
  • Court documents supporting divorce or
  • Letter from solicitor
Property Settlement / Pending funds
  • Copy of Contract of Sale or
  • Letter from Real Estate verifying property has sold / is on the market or
  • Copy of property advertisement
  • Letter from solicitor confirming incarceration, and length of incarceration or
  • Police or Court report confirming incarceration or
  • Letter from a Justice of Peace confirming incarceration, and length of incarceration
Unexpected Expenses / Over commitment
  • Statements from other debtors reflecting balance and Min due or
  • Copy of unexpected bill(s) or
  • Copy of current payslip
Consolidation / Refinance
  • Copy of finance approval or pre-approval letter
Loss of Rental Income
  • Letter from Real estate agent confirming recent rent income loss
Death in Family
  • Copy of expenses incurred (e.g. funeral costs)
Natural Disaster
  • No documents required.

Contact Us

If you would like further information on how we may be able to assist you if you’re experiencing financial difficulty in meeting your commitments, or would like assistance with completing an application, please call us on 1800 255 304 Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm AEST, excluding public holidays.

Need More Help

You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor.

For a comprehensive listing of Financial Counsellors please visit the FCA website:

To talk to a Financial Counsellor by phone (or for referral) call 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia.

You may find the following websites helpful, which provide information on managing your money.