Learning about home and contents options

Home & Contents Insurance

Tell me more

Insure your home – including your house and domestic outbuildings – and belongings against loss or damage caused by events like storms, fire, and theft.

Home building insurance cover

Home Building Insurance

Tell me more

Covers loss or damage to your house and outbuildings, such as garages and sheds, due to insured events like storms and fires.

Couple choosing home and contents insurance

Contents Insurance

Tell me more

Contents Insurance protects the items inside your home – such as furniture, whitegoods, and electrical appliances – against loss or damage due to events like storms, theft, and fire.

Landlord looking at insurance options

Landlord Cover Insurance

Tell me more

Landlord insurance provides protection against loss or damage to your investment property building and any contents you provide for your tenant’s use.


Find out why we’re one of Australia’s
fastest growing home insurance brands2

Award winning insurance

We’re one of Australia’s fastest growing home insurance brands2 for a good reason. Our home and contents insurance has won an award for exceptional value 5 years running5. That’s why you can trust us to do the most when it comes to helping you protect what matters, at a price you can afford11.

Get a quote


Why get home & contents insurance with Virgin Money?



Really rewarding

Earn up to 10,000 Velocity Points when you buy a new eligible combined Home & Contents Insurance policy by 30 September 202418

Actually affordable

Save 30% on your first year’s premium when you combine Virgin Home and Contents insurance online1

Flexible for you

Flexible home insurance cover options, with 21-day cooling off period4

Really reliable

You can lodge an insurance claim online  or over the phone 24/7.

What's covered?

Your home has so much value. That’s why our home insurance offers cover for life’s unscripted moments, like: 

  • Fire
  • Explosion
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
  • Breakage of glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures
  • Storm and rainwater
  • Lightning
  • Earthquake or Tsunami
  • Escape of liquid (e.g. pipes, drains, etc)
  • Impact at home (e.g. fallen tree/branch)

Accidental damage

Extend your cover to include accidental damage of your home and/or contents

Sum insured safeguard

Extend your home sum insured up to an additional 25% if your nominated sum insured is not sufficient to replace or repair the damage to your home

Flood cover

Cover for damage caused by flood to your home and/or contents