There’s no place like home. Let’s help you keep it protected. With our affordable home insurance, you’ll enjoy flexible cover, top-notch service and even earn holiday rewards. Earn 5,000 Velocity Points when you purchase a new eligible policy2 by 19 August 2020. T&C’s apply.
- Garages and other domestic outbuildings
- Swimming pools and spas that are permanent fixtures, including in ground
- Fixtures and fittings connected to gas, electrical and plumbing
- Driveways, paths, paving and sewerage services
- Verandas, patios, pergolas, permanent decking and gazebos
For full cover details, see our Product Disclosure Statement.
Why Virgin Home Insurance?
More benefits of Virgin Home Insurance
- Home building - Cost to repair or replace any damage to your home building
- Home modifications - Modifications to your home if you suffer permanent paraplegia or quadriplegia as a result of an insured event at the insured address
- Mortgage discharge - Legal and administrative costs to discharge your mortgage, if your home is destroyed
- Temporary accommodation - Temporary accommodation for your family if your damaged building/and or contents make your home unliveable
- Legal liability - If you are legally liable for someone’s death or bodily harm or damage to someone else’s property caused by an accident at the insured address or anywhere in Australia
- Additional costs - Extra building costs such as demolition, associated building fees and storage of undamaged contents
|Repair or replacement of your home building|
|Repair or replacement of your home contents.
Limits apply to certain items. See PDS
||Up to $20 million|
||Up to 10% of sum insured, up to 12 months|
|Debris removal and extra rebuilding costs
||Up to 10% of sum insured|
|Funeral expenses||Up to $7,000|
|Modifications to home||Up to $5,000|
|Mortgage discharge costs||Up to $750|
|Contents temporarily removed|
|Contents lost or damaged in transit|
|Replacement of locks and stolen keys
|Visitors’ uninsured contents|
This is a brief summary only. Conditions apply. Full details are contained in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
|Personal Effects Cover|
|Motor Burnout Cover|
|Accidental Damage Cover|
|Choice of Excess Options|
|Sum Insured Safeguard|
Our home and contents insurance will cover you for the following events:
- Theft or attempted theft
- Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
- Breakage of glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures
- Storm and rainwater
- Earthquake or Tsunami
- Escape of liquid (e.g. pipes, drains, etc)
- Impact at home (e.g. fallen tree/branch)
Virgin Home and Contents Insurance standard
We no longer offer the Virgin Home and Contents Insurance standard product. If you currently hold this policy or have any questions regarding cover options, please call our friendly customer care team on 1800 724 678.
You can find the Product Disclosure Statements for this policy on the Important Documents page.