As we navigate through COVID-19 and receive updates you will find the information below.

Car Insurance

Am I covered if I have to use my car for work, now that I’m working from home?

If your policy covers you for ‘Private and Commuting Use’ but you now have to use your car for business please get in contact with us. We’ll help you with updating the use on your policy.

Please note that there are certain business uses we would not normally cover, namely:

  • carrying passengers for payment, including taxis and/or ridesharing (e.g. Uber, Ola, Didi)
  • carrying or delivering other people’s goods for payment, whether as a contractor or otherwise (e.g. parcel or food delivery)
  • driving tuition for payment
  • unpaid driving tuition of a person who is:
    • excluded on the insurance certificate by name or age; or
    • a household member that is not listed on the insurance certificate
  • hiring the car to other people.

If your circumstances have changed and are now looking to use your car for any of the above, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the potential impact this may have on your car insurance cover.

Can I put my car insurance on hold while I’m self-isolating at home?

Unfortunately, your current car insurance policy does not include an option to place the policy on hold, however if you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact us to discuss your options.

It’s worth remembering though that even when in self-isolation, and not driving the car, subject to the normal terms and conditions, your policy includes benefits for things that could happen to the car when it’s not being driven, such as damage from a storm or theft.

How will my roadside assistance change during COVID-19?

We’re continuing to provide roadside assistance across Australia 24/7.

We’re taking extra health and safety precautions to protect our roadside contractors and customers from the virus, namely:

  • Customers whose vehicles need to be towed are no longer able to travel in the tow truck (we can help arrange alternative transport).
  • Customers are being asked to please keep their distance from roadside contractors as they conduct work on the car.
  • ·Due to the higher risk of infection, contractors who attend breakdowns within airports are using personal protective equipment.
  • Roadside contractors are washing their hands and sanitising their equipment more frequently to protect themselves and customers.
Home Insurance

If I’m using my employer’s equipment when working from home, and I’m still covered?

If you’re working from home using your employer’s equipment and you’re legally responsible for it, the equipment is covered under our insured events. You can make a claim for up to $12,000 for home-office equipment. An excess will apply.

If you make a claim, we may ask you for proof (e.g. a signed agreement with your employer stating you’re legally responsible for the equipment while you’re working from home). 

Computers and other equipment are only covered for accidental damage if you’ve added optional ‘Accidental Damage’ cover to your policy.

Are any changes required to my policy now that I’ve started working from home?

If you’re working from home temporarily and doing only administrative tasks using standard home-office equipment (e.g. a computer), you don’t need to make any changes to your policy.

If you’re performing non-administrative tasks, you must contact us. We’ll reassess the risk and determine the terms on which we’d agree to continue insuring your home.

Important Information

Customers that are currently experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 can call us on 1800 724 678 (Mon to Fri 8am to 10:30pm, Sat 8am to 5pm AEST) to discuss the assistance options we have available to eligible customers. We’re committed to supporting you during these uncertain times.