If you’re the active type, get into our Adventure Pack. From deep sea fishing, high altitude hiking to abseiling, it’s got just about every intrepid taste covered.
The Adventure Pack provides cover for a range of adventure sports and activities that aren’t automatically covered under our standard plans. To give you a clearer idea of what is and isn’t included, take a look at the activities covered under our standard plan on page 17 of the PDS – followed by the additional activities covered under our Adventure Pack – below.
Please also note that to be eligible to add this Pack, you must be aged 74 years or under at the time the policy is issued. Simply purchase it along with our Comprehensive, Domestic or Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Plans and set off.
Here’s a summary of some inclusions and exclusions of our Adventure pack. For full details, please read the PDS.
Activities Covered under our Adventure Pack:
- Animal conservation and handling (under appropriate supervision);
- Battle re-enactment (but not with firearms);
- Cave/river tubing;
- Contact sports (including any form of rugby, Australian Rules football or American football);
- Deep sea fishing;
- Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 30 metres (you must hold an open water diving licence recognised in Australia or dive under licensed instruction);
- Expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track/Trail;
- Flying fox/zip lining;
- Hiking, trekking or tramping, peaking at altitudes from 3,000 metres up to 6,000 metres, where specialist climbing equipment is not required;
- Martial arts (but not training);
- Outdoor rock climbing (with ropes and appropriate safety gear);
- Quad biking (but only single rider);
- Sailing from 11 to 15 nautical miles off any land mass;
- Shooting (but only moving target, e.g. clay pigeon);
- Surface water activities in rivers or rapids graded IV or V under the International Scale of River Difficulty;
- Tandem parachuting, tandem sky diving, tandem hang gliding, tandem gliding and tandem paragliding (but you must be in tandem with a licensed instructor for all these activities); and
- Use of motorcycles with engine capacities greater than 250 cc.
You need to be aware that if you purchase the Adventure Pack and make a claim under 'Overseas Emergency Medical And Hospital Expenses' and 'Cancellation Fees And Lost Deposits', an additional $500 excess will apply on top of the standard $150 excess if your claim is directly related to you taking part in sports and activities listed above. And while you can pay to remove your standard excess of $150, you can’t pay to remove the additional $500 excess with the Adventure Pack.
Wherever you are on your travels, keeping safe and playing it smart is always the way to go. Everyone wants to have fun, but there are limits. That’s why all travel insurance has policy exclusions – a.k.a. the things that aren't covered.
It’s important to know what they are before you go, so we’ve provided a summary of some exclusions below. You can also find the full, comprehensive list under General Exclusions in our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). We want you to have the time of your life. Just make sure you don’t put it at risk.
You also need to be aware that if you make a claim in relation to any of the following, it may not be covered by us:
- You intentionally or recklessly act in a way that reasonably poses a risk to your safety, or that of your luggage and belongings – except if it’s an attempt to protect the safety of a person or property.
- You don’t wear the appropriate protective clothing and head protection for the sport/activity you’re taking part in.
- You don’t observe all safety warnings and advice regarding bad weather and difficult terrain conditions.
- You’re permanently disabled from participating in one of the listed activities.
Get a quick quote
Why Virgin Travel Insurance?
- 24x7 Emergency Assistance
- Great Choice of Additional Options
- Cover Plans for all Travellers
- Discounts for Couples