If you’re sailing off into the sunset, be sure to board with our Cruise Pack. No matter where you are on the Seven Seas, we’ll be there to help provide the support you need.
The Cruise Pack provides extra benefits while you’re at sea, including medical, evacuation and cabin confinement cover. It also provides cover for pre-paid shore excursion cancellation, marine rescue diversion and more. Simply purchase it along with our Comprehensive, Domestic or Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Plans and sail away.
Here’s a summary of some inclusions and exclusions of our Cruise Pack. For full details, please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). Please also note that to be eligible to add this Pack, you must be aged 74 years or under at the time the policy is issued.
|Medical cover while cruising||unlimited|
|Emergency Dental Expenses (per person)||$1,000|
|Evacuation cover - ship to shore||unlimited|
|Pre-paid shore excursion cancellation||$1,000|
|Formal cruise attire lost or damaged||$1,000|
|Formal cruise attire delayed||$250|
|Marine Rescue Diversion||$500|
The information above is a summary only. All amounts based on Single Cover policies. Limits, sub limits and exclusions apply. See our PDS for cover details, applicable excess, terms and conditions.
Because you’re off on a cruise – not a ski trip, you need to make sure you have specific cover. It makes sense, after all. Put simply, most travel insurance policies generally won’t cover you for claims relating to travel on cruise vessels unless you’ve bought a Cruise Pack.
You also need to be aware that if you make a claim in relation to any of the following, it won’t be covered by us:
- If you’re ill and don’t promptly follow the medical advice we’ve obtained, no subsequent medical, hospital or evacuation expenses will be covered.
- If your formal cruise-wear loss or damage was left unsupervised in public or sent unaccompanied by you.
- In a Marine Rescue Diversion, if the cruise vessel diverts from its scheduled course for any reason other than to carry out a marine rescue.
Please note that other general exclusions also apply. You can find out all about them in our PDS.
Get a quick quote
Why Virgin Travel Insurance?
- 24x7 Emergency Assistance
- Great Choice of Additional Options
- Cover Plans for all Travellers
- Discounts for Couples