If you’re sailing off into the sunset, be sure to board with our Cruise Pack. We can help provide cover if things go wrong while cruising.
Our Cruise Pack provides extra benefits for your cruise and can be purchased with our Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip Plans by paying an additional premium when you buy your policy. It includes the benefits listed below. You cannot purchase sections of the Cruise Pack individually.
Here’s a summary of some inclusions and exclusions of our Cruise Pack. For full details, please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). Please also note that to be eligible to add this Pack, you must be aged 74 years or under at the time the policy is issued.
|Medical cover while cruising
(includes emergency dental expenses resulting from an injury)
|unlimited7 & 8|
|Emergency Dental Expenses (per person)
(for the relief of sudden and acute pain to sound and natural teeth)
|Evacuation cover - ship to shore||unlimited7 & 8|
($50 per day)
|Pre-paid shore excursion cancellation||$1,000|
|Formal cruise attire lost or damaged||$1,0008|
|Formal cruise attire delayed||$250|
|Marine Rescue Diversion||$5008
($100 per day)
|Funeral expenses incurred overseas or the cost of bringing your remains
back to your home (per person)
Because you’re off on a cruise – not a ski trip, you need to make sure you have specific cover. It makes sense, after all. Put simply, most travel insurance policies generally won’t cover you for claims relating to travel on cruise vessels unless you’ve bought a Cruise Pack.
You also need to be aware that if you make a claim in relation to any of the following, it won’t be covered by us:
- If you’re ill and don’t promptly follow the medical advice we’ve obtained, no subsequent medical, hospital or evacuation expenses will be covered.
- If your formal cruise-wear loss or damage was left unsupervised in public or sent unaccompanied by you.
- In a Marine Rescue Diversion, if the cruise vessel diverts from its scheduled course for any reason other than to carry out a marine rescue.
Please note that other general exclusions also apply. You can find out all about them in our PDS.
Get a quick quote
Why Virgin Travel Insurance?
- 24x7 Emergency Assistance*
- Great Choice of Additional Options*
- Cover Plans for all Travellers*
*Exclusions, conditions and limitations apply. Please refer to Product Disclosure Statement for full details.