Important information

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has upgraded their travel advice to Do Not Travel (Level 4) for all overseas destinations, as well as implementing domestic travel restrictions. In light of this, unfortunately we will no longer issue new travel insurance policies, effective 25 March 2020. Of course, we will closely monitor this situation and we hope to support you with your travel again soon.

If you purchased travel insurance from 18 March – 31 March AND haven’t travelled or otherwise utilised your policy you may eligible for a full refund on your Travel Insurance policy. Please refer to our FAQs for more information.

We’re here for you, so please check back regularly for trips planned for a later date.


Travelling within Australia, but still want travel cover with a wide range of benefits? Our Domestic Plan provides cover for delays*, cancellations*, loss of or damage to luggage and personal effects*.

*Exclusions and limitations apply. For full details, please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

What's covered?
Benefit Single Limit
Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance6
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses6
(includes emergency dental expenses resulting from an injury overseas)
Overseas Emergency Dental Expenses (per person)
(for the relief of sudden and acute pain to sound and natural teeth)
Accidental Death6
Permanent Disability6
Funeral expenses incurred overseas or the cost of bringing your
remains back to your home (per person)


Additional Expenses
Travel Delay Expenses6
Alternative Transport Expenses
Luggage & Personal Effects6
Luggage & Personal Effects Delay Expenses6
Travel Documents, Transaction Cards & Travellers Cheques
Theft of Cash
Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
Personal Liability

Important information

This is a summary only of the cover provided under the policy. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply as set out in the PDS. All costs and expenses claimed must be reasonable. We will only pay for treatment received and/or hospital accommodation during the 12 month period after the sickness first showed itself or the injury happened. You do not have cover under certain sections while travelling in Australia. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details. In particular, please read the Pre-existing Medical Conditions section.

6  You do not have cover under these sections while travelling in Australia.

Where used, the term 'Unlimited' only means there is no capped dollar sum insured.

Sub-limits apply to particular types of losses or claims

If you have a Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card, you may already have travel insurance for international travel. Find out more or read the PDS.

What's not covered?

Wherever you are on your travels, keeping safe and playing it smart is definitely the way to go. Everyone wants to have fun, but there are limits. That’s why all travel insurance policies have exclusions – a.k.a. the things we won’t cover.

It’s important to know what they are before you go, so we’ve outlined a few of the general exclusions below. We also suggest you check the full list under General Exclusions in our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). We want you to have the time of your life. Just make sure you don’t put it at risk.


  • Drink, drugs and doing silly things

    Let's face it: taking fun too far isn’t a great idea anywhere in the world. Especially when you’re overseas. So if you do something reckless, like drinking too much or taking drugs and it ends up going horribly wrong, you may not be covered. So please, take it easy and take care. For more on this, just head to our PDS.

  • On the road and licence-less

    Car, moped or motorcycle, it’s invigorating driving overseas. But please, always make sure you stick to the road rules of the country you’re in. Speaking of rules, no matter what – and where – you’re driving, a valid Australian driver’s licence PLUS a valid driver’s licence for the country you’re in are absolute musts – even if you’re not required by law to have one in that country.

    And if you’re riding or travelling as a passenger on a quad bike or on a motorcycle whose engine capacity is greater than 250cc, you may also not be covered. With one exception: you’ll be AOK if you paid the additional premium for insurance under our Adventure Pack.

Additional options you can add to your Domestic Plan:

Your holiday is all about you, your travel insurance should be too.  You can select from the additional options to increase your cover, for an additional premium: